Oconee Academy strives to meet the unique needs of diverse students in a safe and nurturing environment that fosters mutual respect.
Our Vision & Beliefs
Oconee Academy envisions an alternative setting where our diverse student population has an opportunity to successfully integrate back into the home school environment.
We believe in:
- Providing a healthy and safe learning environment
- Creating lifelong learners through rigorous, relevant learning experiences
- Utilization of critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Student-centered, personalized education
- Being an integral part of the home school, family and community
- Civic and personal responsibility
This information is being sent as a reminder of the district’s inclement weather procedures.
Any decision to move to eLearning will be made by 6:00AM.
Announcement of a decision to move to eLearning will be made through the following outlets:
- SDOC/school websites & SDOC App (immediate posting with up to date information)
- School Messenger Call System (delivered to parents & staff via phone, email or text)
- Radio (WGOG–101.7FM, The Lake 94.1 or 1150AM, WCCP-105.5FM, WJMZ 107.3)
- Local TV (WYFF-4, WSPA-7, WHNS-21)
- Twitter @OconeeSC_school
- Facebook – School District of Oconee County
SDOC is continually reviewing safety and security measures. To enhance safety inside athletic venues, the district will implement a Clear Bag Protocol as part of the screening process to enter all athletic events for the 2022-2023 school year. A clear bag is easily searched, reduces faulty bag searches, and supports the Department of Homeland Security's "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign.
SPECTATORS WILL BE PERMITTED TO CARRY
ONE LARGE CLEAR BAG UP TO 12” X 12” X 6”
PLUS A SMALL CLUTCH PURSE up to 4.5" X 6.5"
The newsletter linked below has important information for next school year concerning student attendance, meals, dress code, and concerns about vaping in our schools. It also includes a link to registration dates for next year and information on summer meals. We encourage all of our families to read through the information provided.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households.